Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How I edit photos

I keep getting lots of questions about my photo editing processes, that I never really get around to answering. I figured a good useful post on this thing would be to show what I do when I'm going through my editing process! It really is quite simple and I don't do a lot. One edit from my last shoot took me around 5 to 10 minutes to process. I pulled this one separately from my original editing session, and as some of you can attest, every single time I edit an image it comes out slightly different. Makes things adventurous :)

The Original, i kept it darker on purpose, and i shot all these knowing they were going to end up b/w


Second Step: convert to black and white. I used the photoshop default conversion

  

Third, brighten the pic some by adding in a brightness/contrast layer and then up the contrast some more to get the feeling i wanted

 Forth, bring some texture back into the bathing suit, selected it with the quick selection tool, brighten, add in contrast, and, done!

For reference, this is the ORIGINAL edited file in black and white and color.

For the final color, i added in some magenta and singled out the back wall to get rid of the blue tint, then selected Marketa to brighten her a bit more and give her more of a golden tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment