Saturday, November 5, 2011

Heaven after hell... the aftermath of the October 30th storm- part 1

Quite literally. While the Monday (and Sunday, but those pictures will come later after I go through them!) morning after the terrible snowstorm we got was quite beautiful, and I enjoyed photographing that early morning, it was a terrible 4 days without heat. Huddled in front of the fireplace, using candles for light, keeping food in a cooler outside so none of the food spoiled...

...and not all the damage is really gone, yet. Only 40% of our town right now has power-- and there are several other towns in the area that has no power at all.

It just goes to show that, while snow is beautiful and should be revered, tread with caution! I never stopped to really take photos of the damage along my way to work and along the way of my regular routes.... hour and a half commute, i don't like you much!

Pics from Monday morning:








2 comments:

  1. That first picture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D It's my favorite as well. I blocked traffic for about 5 minutes while I stopped to shoot it. At the very least, this upcoming winter is going to amazingly beautiful. There's a LOT of fog going on in the mornings, it takes me 2x as long to get to work!

    ReplyDelete