Saturday, October 22, 2011

Photographers Block

I've been in a "Photographers Block" for pretty much the last 2 months, and it's extremely frustrating! On a wider scale, i've been fighting with it on and off for the last 4 years. It's manifested itself through taking photos, liking them for about a week, then seething with pure hatred for everything I do-- or driving around and seeing beautiful potential shots, but not really feeling like shooting much of anything.

When it comes right down to it, I suppose I need a muse of sorts. Inspiration. Everything lately has been coming and going in bursts- I can shoot for maybe an hour or so, and then my mind and eye just shuts off. Nada.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to get out of this funk i'm in??

I've pretty much tried everything I possibly can try- car photography, architecture, landscapes, nature, wildlife, models, portraits, etc.

There really isn't all that much left....

3 comments:

  1. shoot everything, always.
    that's was the advice I got in a writing workshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem with that, is i HAVE been shoot everything. In the past, it worked. This time, it isn't working all that well. At all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speed.
    Blue
    Here are your assignments

    ReplyDelete